How quickly can I get a massage?
You can get massage as little as an hour - book for start times as early as 9 am and as late as 10:00 pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Or book up to 30 days in advance.
Can I extend my appointment?
Yes, you can. Speak to your therapist if he/she can fit the extencion time in the existing schedule. Extend onile on masshub.co.uk/treatments
Can I cancel my apointment?
Yes, you can. Simply call or email our customer service. We refound 100% massage fee if you cancel 24 hour or more before appoitment, 70% up to 2 hours before booking and 0% within 2 hours.
How to preper for a massage?
1.Don’t eat any heavy meal before treatment. massage will involve pressing down on your back or even your stomach, which will only exacerbate the discomfort of bloating.
2.Create relaxing atmosphere in the room.
3.Communicate with your massage therapist. Before the session, give accurate health information and let the massage therapist know your expectations and reasons for the massage.
4.During the massage tell your therapist if something he/she is doing is uncomfortable, the pressure is not right, or if you have a question about what he/she is doing. Be sure to ask them to spend more time on a certain area if that is what you want.
5.Don’t get up too quickly and do allow for some open, quiet time after your massage session. If you’re dizzy or light headed after the massage, do not get off the table too fast. It also may take a little time to integrate or absorb the results of the massage session.
What I should wear during my massage?
For an oil based massage you should undress to your own level of comfort, some people prefer to be naked during their massage whilst others prefer to wear underwear.
Can I contact my practitioner directly?
You can leave massage in appointment notes for your practitioner while making booking. At all the time of making the booking, you can conntact our customer service by call or email.
What should I do to prepare for my treatment?
1. Prepare some space for your practitioner to set up their treatment table. Usually they'll require approx. 2 x 2 metres. We recommend that you have two large, clean towels to hand to lay over the table and over your body.
2. Please have a think about any recent injuries or health issues your practitioner should be made aware of. Your practitioner will carry out a short consultation prior to treatment, to better tailor the treatment to your specific needs
3. Consider having a hot shower or bath beforehand- this will help you to relax your muscles prior to the treatment and improve muscle recovery!
4. Put the heating on to warm up the area beforehand.
Can I pay with cash?
We not accept cash payment. After using our safe online payment method you will be charged and a receipt will be emailed to you.
Why was my payment declined?
There are a number of reasons why your payment may have been declined:
1. If you have entered your credit or debit card number incorrectly, you’ll need to update your details under the payment section or if debit card has expired, you’ll need to add a new payment method to your account
2. The bank of your selected payment method may have declined the transaction request. There could be a number of different reasons for this so the best option is to speak with your bank and ensure that the payment to MassHub is authorised
3. Your bank may have rejected the charge based on fraud logic. You will need to update your payment method or contact your bank for more information
Do your therapists provide massage tables?
Yes, all therapist provide massage tables, massage oils, essentials oils and relaxing music.
How can I know the therapist is good?
You can check therapist rating, weask for feedback each of our clinet. All therapists have completed hundreds of hours of massage training and are fully licensed and certified. We verify that all therapists are fully insured. This guarantees that both the client and therapist are cared for in the event of unexpected injury.